Sunday, July 23, 2006

Thanks to ART - I'm feeling much better!

I had an appointment for an Active Release Technique treatment on Friday at lunch. It was amazing! Not as painful as I expected, but very effective! When I went back to work, I had NO back pain all afternoon!

The appointment itself was very inspiring. The person who treated me is an Ironman and he had many runners, cyclists, Ironman pictures in his office. He made me comfortable right away when he encouraged me to keep training and who knows? Maybe I would be doing an Ironman someday.

I came out of my appointment feeling pumped up and ready to attack my 10K training... The running part of the training will wait a little bit, but in the meantime, I will work at the gym and increase my strenght. I will also spend more time on my bike. This morning, I went with JF during his LSD and biked for about 1:15, a good 17K. My legs were dead when I came back home, but it felt very good!

I am now listenning and looking at the live feed from Ironman Lake Placid, where a few Running Mania friends are competing today. It's so exciting and inspiring!!! I don't get tired of hearing strangers being told "You are an Ironman!"

Now, I can't wait to hear about my friend Karine, who was supposed to deliver her first baby today. I hope it went well and that mom and baby are OK.

No comments: