Sunday, December 14, 2008

.. Again with that pelvis!

I went to the RMT on Friday, and she said "oh my God, your pelvis is totally misaligned!". This was quite discouraging, but what can a girl do? She helped a lot, but she's no magician and she recommended that I see her osteopath colleague, who uses techniques that are apparently excellent for that type of problem. She "showed" me where the problem area was and said it was pretty tightly shut in there, as if it was trying to protect something. This reminded me of my sternum this summer, and how it shut tight after I broke my rib.

So.. I need to get my SI Joint worked on. I'll see the ostepath on Thursday. In the meantime, I think I'll take it easy on the running. I don't think the pounding is doing any good and I'm investing so much time and money into this that I don't want to ruin it. Yesterday, I've done some fast walking and I was surprised at how sweaty I got. Either I lost all my fitness or it really is a good workout. My lower back was working like crazy, though, so maybe this is a good way to build up some strenght in this area. We'll see...

No comments: