Sunday, December 07, 2008

Back at it ! (Take Five)

I started running again yesterday. I've been seeing a chiro and a RMT lately and things seem to be recovering nicely. So, yesterday I hopped on the treadmill for a short run. I tried to avoid going anaerobic, which means I had to run real slow and for only one minute at a time. But at least I ran!

My goal is now to build up to 5K and to run 5K at the Winterman in February. Then, I'll take it from there. I don't think I'll go back to the pool before January, with all the Christmas activities and the stress/tiredness from the new job. Also, it looks like I will be walking back from work each day if the STO/City don't do anything to improve bus circulation in downtown Ottawa. I live about 6K from the office, so it's definitely doable, but this will impact my ability to do anything else than walking and running.

The new job is great! At many times last week, I've been telling myself that I couldn't believe I was getting paid to do what I was doing. I think it's a very good sign!

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Bravo pour le retour à la course! Je suis très contente pour toi =)

Pour la job c'est vraiment super que tu aimes autant. C'est fâchant de changer et de ne pas aimer.

Mes parents sont allés à Ottawa en fin de semaine et ils ont pris des adresses/numéros de téléphones d'apartments près d'ou je vais travailler. Il semble que je serai à moins de 1Km de mon building! =)