Saturday, June 27, 2009

Update

It's been a while since I updated my blog. I guess I don't have much to say!

I started running again after the 5K race and then my hip misaligned again and I took it easy while I waited for my osteopath appointment. When I had this appointment, I told her about the nagging concern I have that this lower abdominal pain may be caused by a sports hernia, and she said it would be a good idea to get it checked out. Hopefully, an ultrasound would rule it out. I have yet to go to the doctor about that, though...

I biked a lot in June. My goal was to ride my bike for 200km this month and I'll ride a little bit more than that. I rode my road bike only once and I was uncomfortable on it and a bit fearful, but at least I'm now comfortable on my hybrid bike. The confidence is back on the hybrid and I hope it will follow on the road bike. I will also go and try some other road bikes, just to compare the easiness of using the breaks. On my road bike, in case of emergency, I can't reach the breaks fast enough and I think the bike may not be well designed for my small hands. So I thought I'd go and try a few other models out and see if they feel different. If they do, then I may have to make a decision on wether or not to sell Stardust and buy a new bike.

I went to yoga as much as I can and I swam twice. I think I'm a little behind on my triathlon training as well as my 10K training. I think that at the end of the day, if I end up not doing any more races this year, I'll be OK with it. I just don't feel like following a schedule right now. Just going out there and expanding energy seems to satisfy me. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks, when I'm not away every weekend and have time to have a life.

No comments: