Monday, October 02, 2006

Run for the Cure 2006: The Glory Outlasts the Rain!

Yesterday was my 2nd time running the Run for the Cure in Ottawa. I didn't sleep well for 3 nights in a row, my stomach was upset and I looked like that before we left for the run yesterday morning:



I ran RFTC with a friend of mine who just started running this Summer. It was her first race ever. She's doing the LTR program by herself and is up to 4&1s now. We did 5&1s during the first half of the race, which made us both very happy! It's been a long time since I did 3 5&1s in a row. For the most part of the race, it didn't rain. But closer to the finish, we got rained on...

I had mental issues during my run. I got cramps in my calves and hamstring and I was so afraid of getting injured that I couldn't suck it up and keep running. I took more frequent walk breaks during the second half of the run (we did 2:30 to 3:00&1s). I even had to walk for a few seconds about 100m to the finish line, just long enough to tell myself to suck it up and finish. :?

Ran into a puddle and crossed the finish line in 37:58.

Got home and took two "After" pictures:



455 huge THANK YOUs to my sponsors!

No comments: