Friday, November 24, 2006

Coming clean...

This week has been a very bad training week. Life happened and I had no energy or motivation to go out and train when I was supposed to. I cut myself some slack and only went to the gym on Wednesday to bike away my frustration regarding my work.

It was the first time that I wasn't motivated to go to the pool. I just couldn't bring myself to face more challenges and failures, so I went to the gym instead where I could "easily" pedal for 25 minutes.

I felt mentally fragile this week and I couldn't bring myself to train as much as I know I should. I asked myself why did I have to train when I just didn't feel like it and I had no answer to this question... I'm not training for anything right now, a little down time won't hurt me. In fact, I find that I have less aches and pains when I give myself a full recovery week. I still feel guilty about missing a few training sessions, but I guess I can live with it. As long as I get back to it next week, I'll be fine, or so I hope!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Claudie- I totally understand what you mean about not being motivated- i am in the same boat right now.

I think doing something that you would succeed in easily was a very smart choice- we all need a break sometimes.

You are doing so well, you are such an inspiration!

prats