Monday, March 19, 2007

I believed... and ran 8K!

After my terrible PMS last week, I got back into a more positive attitude over the weekend. I was very nerveous about my first 8K run, which was planned for Sunday morning, but I decided to try to be positive about it and to look forward to it. To me, 8K was a very important milestone, because 8K is closer to 10K than it is to 5K...

On Sunday morning, I felt good. I would even say I felt calm. I had all sorts of positive thoughts in my mind, such as "You can do it", "Take it one KM at a time" and "Enjoy the journey". However, right at the beginning of my run, I started to visualize the word "BELIEVE" written in big bold letters on the window in front of the treadmill. I said it in my head many times, and it helped make the run less difficult. This 7-letter word turned something difficult into something wonderful. :-)

I believe.

6 comments:

sweetpea said...

That's such a great idea! One of the women that i run with, before every race, she sits down and writes out all of her negative thoughts. Then she tears them up and throws them away. It helps her to purge them from her brain.

Anonymous said...

I was praying I would not have to respond en francais!

I think you are amazing and when I am in situations right now that cause me stress I am going to pull out a piece of paper i just put in my wallet that says BELIEVE

Lisa said...

I am going to remember this when I run my next 10K on April 15th.

I BELIEVE!

Great pic, btw.

Sonia said...

I heard you "believed" again and ran 9K... ;-) Congrats on these milestone!!

MINI-Runner said...

I think that we need a new update here...

Ahemmm... tapping her fingers...

Way to go K - you're doing so well right now!

Anonymous said...

yay Kelodie!!

Deb