Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Biking... Swimming... Running...

Biking: I'm really starting to enjoy biking! Yesterday, I went for a 22K bike ride, but I did 25K instead, even if I didn't feel like it. When I started, I had the wind on my face and it was very tough. I kept telling myself that I wanted to go back home, but I didn't! It took me 1:20 to bike 25K, which is not super fast, but I'm getting more and more comfortable on my bike and this is what matters.

Swimming: JF and I went to JF's brother's cottage over the weekend and I had a chance to swim (with a lifevest) in the lake. I really enjoy being in the water and I don't mind being in a lake (some people in JF's family do. They prefer pools and won't go into the lake). At one point, I started swimming towards the boat and after 2-3 minutes, I turned around to see if I had moved (I thought I hadn't). Well, I had moved a lot!!! I was so proud that I could move into the water and can only imagine how much better I'll get once I learn proper technique.

Running: I got a gait analysis last Friday and it turned out I needed shoes that offered me more support than my current shoes. I went to buy new shoes today, I bought Brooks Adrenaline. They're very comfortable and are supposed to offer my feet good support. I'm having them checked by the orthotics guy on Friday and I'm crossing my fingers he'll give me the go to run again! I really got my running mojo back and I can't wait to run again!

No comments: