Sunday, August 13, 2006

My first Brick!

This morning, I did my first brick workout (biking, then running). I biked 20K in 1:03:24 (yay! I'm getting faster!) and then ran/walked 1.66K in 00:13:43. While on the bike, my legs felt very tired and I was wondering how I would be able to bike 20K, then run 1K. I pushed away those negative thoughts and just kept going.

Back home, the transition went well. I had all my stuff prepared and was ready for my run in a few minutes.

When I started running, my legs felt heavy, but warm. It was a strange feeling. There's a small hill next to where I live and I decided to walk up that hill, then start to run. Just walking up the hill was painful! I felt like I would trip on my feet, because I couldn't lift them much from the ground...

I was able to run 2:2s and I was super fast when running (under 7:00/K!)! I had pain in my shins, though it wasn't the same type of pain that I had when I had shinsplints. It was more like normal pain. No need to say that I stretched well when I returned home and I iced them. Now, the legs will get a good 2 days of rest.

All in all, I'm very happy about my first Brick and plan to make every Sunday morning a Brick morning for as long as the weather permits­.

I'm officially a triathlete in training!!! :-)

1 comment:

MINI-Runner said...

"I'm officially a triathlete in training!!! :-)"

INDEED YOU ARE!

Congratulations on your first of many more brick workouts - you will eventually love them!

honest :p