Sunday, August 20, 2006

My running is improving!

Tonight, I uploaded the data I had on my heart rate monitor watch. I hadn't uploaded the data since my July 2nd run, so I had quite a few workouts to enter into my Excel spreadsheet.

I was delighted to see that my speed has improved a lot lately. I decided to go back to doing 2 minutes intervals, which may help me be a little speedier. I find that when I run faster, my form is better and I have less pain overall. I'm gonna try to keep that speed while increasing the lenght of my intervals. I hope that I can get to 10 minutes intervals sometime this Fall.

My last workout (yesterday) was very good. It was tough, but I stuck to the plan of running 2:1s, which made me very proud. That inner critic in my head shut up and I didn't have to fight the urge to take early walk breaks - I just did what I had to do! Turns out that all my 2 minutes intervals were done at speeds between 6:17/K to 7:00/K. For someone who ran 8:00/K to 8:30/K a year ago, I feel like I've come a long way! All this work at the gym paid off. I think I may have a 5K PB ahead of me for this Fall...

I had a brick workout on the book for today, but it was pouring rain all day and I decided to clean up the appartment instead. It was a good workout, although not as intense as a brick workout!

1 comment:

Heather Moore said...

Wow! You are super duper fast!

I think I'm getting slower!

That's great!