Saturday, August 26, 2006

They cannot all be good runs...

Today was one of those days when you should stay home and sleep all day. I think I'm coming down with a cold, or my allergies are out of control. I've been feeling tired all day, I can't stop sneezing, I'm too cold, I'm too hot... I don't feel good! I decided not to go to the gym this morning and to skip my run.

After having run errands, JF asked if I wanted to go to a nearby park with our bikes and then, I could go for my run from there. I thought it was a good idea and that it could help my immune system fight the cold, and so we went. Today, I was supposed to increase my running intervals to 3 minutes, and I did so for the first half of my run. I wasn't doing so good, mostly because I had shin pain (again!). About 2/3 into my run, I had stitches everywhere I can have them. I really wasn't feeling good, so I decided to walk until the stitches would go and then run one last interval. The stitches never went!!! So I walked the last third of my run. The bike ride home was difficult, but fortunately, it wasn't very long. I think i'll consider this workout my second brick!

No comments: